WEDDING DESIGN & COORDINATION
I feel like weddings are one of my primary art forms - that I am commissioned to create a custom experience that is more like a full sensory portrait of a couple. I believe that weddings should feel like a natural extension of both the space they inhabit and the individuals that inspire them, as if the experience bubbled up from their collective conscious. For this reason, your hopes and, in particular, the values that you wish to share, naturally become the focus of the wedding planning.
Setting is one of the most important factors in shaping your wedding experience. We've explored every nook and cranny of the Puget Sound in search of the most exclusive, special and breathtaking wedding sites. No space is off limits - lofts, private homes, rooftops, warehouses, forests, or beaches. We take everything into consideration: logistical flow of guests and activities, the general aesthetic, transportation, amenities and light. We create a custom list of potential locations that meet your criteria and then narrow the list to what you are most interested in and become your personal tour guide, showing you each location.
Once you've made your choice, we begin the design process by creating a wedding design based on your preferences and our magic. The design is communicated to all the providers involved in your wedding which helps everyone to hone in on the exact aesthetic, color palette and mood - all the subtleties - in which you want your wedding to convey. We then scout for and create decor elements including but not limited to: tenting, linen, stationary, furniture, lighting, dinnerware, signs, pillows, draping, backdrops, favors, florals, and guest baskets, everything. And then we make it happen.
Not only do you have access to our decor inventory, we extend the special relationships we've created with local businesses through rental agreements of their props and goods. These businesses include antique dealers, modern furniture galleries, theatre companies, vintage mall dealers, Persian rug sellers, and more. We would rather keep your wedding design fresh and tailored to your vision by offering all options rather than accessing one collection of props that make weddings look the same.
You'll be worry free: We provide all the necessary tools to keep you calmly on track and to make confident, informed choices. We are not only available to you on an unlimited bases via email, but we meet with you in-person or Skype, at least on a monthly, in order to support the integrity of your planning and creative process.
On your big day, not only do we make sure that everything is camera ready, we assist the photographer in ensuring that you and your bridal party look great for every photo. Finally, we come to your location(s) on the day-of the wedding and set everything up and at the end, take everything down and pack it up just-so.
Additional details of what we cover for you includes, but is not limited to:
- Budget Management: We assist you in determining the hierarchy of your priorities and create budget limits for each expense category.
- Provider Research and Advocacy: Providers are the artists who will be shaping your wedding - musicians, entertainers, photographers, videographers, make-up artists, stylists, caterers, and jewelers. We help you handpick the best providers who match and enhance your wedding vision. We arrange for and attend provider interviews, assist in negotiations and go over contracts with a fine-tooth comb.
- Online Wedding Workbook: We spend the time developing a personalized, articulated plan for your wedding and keep it up-to-date with all of your wedding details. The Workbook is easy to use and collaborative - you not only have access to this but can also can edit and upload information yourself. It's web-based, so no need to download software onto your personal computer. All information is stored on a remote server so none is lost. Here we keep our contact information, budget strategy, current ideas and inspirations, RSVP tracking, task calendar with email date reminders, and more.
- Itineraries: We create comprehensive, detailed itineraries for your wedding day. You, your bridal party and all of your providers receive a customized itinerary that will be distributed no later than two weeks prior to your wedding day. We also work closely with your Officiant to create a wedding ceremony 'order-of-service' if needed.
- Guest Management: We help you develop guest lists, manage your RSVPs and determine seating arrangements.
- Accommodations/Transportation/Activities Management: We will create a custom list of potential options (for each category) based on availability, your requirements and vision, and then narrow the list to what you are most interested in and assist in negotiations and rates.
- Day-Of Orchestration: We will orchestrate every aspect of the rehearsal, wedding ceremony, and reception including installation and strike. We have a "no time limit" policy on your wedding day, being the first to arrive and the last to leave ensuring a stress-free, completely buttoned-up experience for you.
PERIPHERAL WEDDING EVENTS
We provide design and coordination for your peripheral wedding-related events such as the Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Event and Engagement Party. Please let us know if you'd like to include this service in our agreement.
LET'S GET STARTED!
Once we have an opportunity to talk in-depth and learn everything we can about the vision and parameters you have for your day, we will put together a custom proposal for your review.
We sincerely look forward to working with you and providing everything for your day to run flawlessly and be absolutely memorable.
All the best,
Amanda Rose and the Team at Oak & Cypress Weddings